Skip to content

Results of Fraser Health’s Board – Virtual Public Meeting

Fraser Health (Josh Olund BCIT Radio A&E) – On May 4, Fraser Health’s Board of Directors held a virtual public board meeting. The public were invited to tune in to the event online by visiting Fraser Health’s official Facebook page or YouTube channel.

During the meeting, Fraser Health board chair Jim Sinclair and board members answered pre-submitted questions from the public on our pandemic response and health care system in Fraser Health. They were joined by CEO Dr. Victoria Lee and Chief Medical Health Officer Dr. Elizabeth Brodkin.

The highlights:

264% increase in ICU since April 1

●Over 100 in ICU, largest in Spring and Winter was 46

●Had to close surgeries, still roughly 15,000 surgeries behind

●Over 1,000 worksites have been infected in 14 months

●Closed down 92 worksites in Fraser Health

●Been tracking up to 600 people a day through contact tracing. Originally started at 100 last spring

●There are no pop-up clinics planned in the Fraser Health Region, currently on hold

●If you’re 40 and older, you can sign up for a vaccine at these locations: East Newton,North Delta, North Surrey, Panorama, South LangleyTownship, West Newton, Whalley,Fleetwood, Port Coquitlam and West Abbotsford

●200,000 have been notified if they’re CEV to get their second dose

●Anyone who is 16 years old and pregnant is now eligible for their first dose

●The second dose interval may be shortened from the increase in vaccines shipped to BC, currently 4 months between the first and second dose

●60% of Licensed Child Care Workers, School-Based Staff,Police/RCMP and Fire Department have already been vaccinated. Hoping to get the remaining 40% vaccinated within the next 10 days

●Planned construction for a new hospital in Surrey is set for the summer of 2023 and the expected time for it to receive patients is in 2027

●There are no plans currently to have Overdose Prevention Services in Chilliwack but are in talks with the First Nations Health Authority in Chilliwack

●The Lifeguard App, which is an overdose prevention app now has a Punjabi as an option for translation

●80% of 80-70-year-olds have been vaccinated

Share This:

Locks Pharmacy

BCGEU

Chilliwack Pride Festival 2022

Small Business BC

Community Futures

Diabetes Association

Chill TV

Unique Thrifting

fvn

On Key

Related Posts