Skip to content

Chilliwack Fire – Townhouse Candle Fire on Knight Road

Chilliwack – Around supper time on Monday April 19, 50 firefighters from Chilliwack firehalls 1, 3, 4 and 6 responded to a reported fire in a townhouse located in the 45000 block of Knight Road. Fire crews arrived on scene to a fire venting from the 3rd floor rear window.

Firefighters quickly knocked the fire down and entered the building to extinguish the fire, evacuate the smoke and confirm the fire had not extended past the area of origin.

The occupants of the townhouse had safely evacuated with no injuries.

Majority of the fire, smoke and water damage was contained to the bedroom with minor damage on the remaining two floors.

There were no firefighter injuries.

BCEHS paramedics were on scene to assess two tenants for possible smoke inhalation. They were both assessed and released.

Emergency Support Services (ESS) attended to provide support for the displaced tenants.

Cause of the fire was accidental and related to an unattended candle.

Chilliwack Fire Department reminds residents to never leave burning candles unattended. Candles should be in sturdy, noncombustible holders and all combustibles should be kept at least 30cm (1 foot) away from the candle.

We also remind residents to ensure they have working smoke alarms. Smoke alarms should be tested regularly.

Share This:

CFC Chilliwack FC

Exposure Events Abbotsford Fraser Valley 2024

All About Expos

Valley and Canyon Dispatch

Chilliwack Jets 604 392 5834


Chill TV


Small Business BC

Community Futures

Unique Thrifting

On Key

Related Posts