Chilliwack – On Friday Morning (April 21, 2017, 10:40AM) the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 43000 block of Progress Way. On arrival, fire crews saw heavy smoke venting from a large industrial building.
A second alarm was requested with fire fighters responding from Hall 1, 3, 4, and 6.
No one was hurt.
The fire is accidental and was started from repair work being done on a piece of heavy machinery. A welding spark ignited diesel fuel that had been transferred from the fuel tank into a storage container within the warehouse area. Fire damage was sustained to the piece of machinery with minor smoke and water damage thorough out the unit.