Abbotsford/Mission – Water Restrictions start May 1. (Chilliwack starts June 1)
Abbotsford and Mission’s water restrictions follow four stages, which are tied to the level of Dickson Lake and Maclure Reservoir.
Dickson Lake is the main source of drinking water for both communities. As the level of our lake gets lower, our restrictions get higher!
Info on the stages of the Abbotsford Mission Water Shortage Response Plan.
- Who is affected by the watering restrictions?
- Why are watering restrictions so important?
- If we are experiencing outdoor water restrictions, is our drinking water safe?
- During what months are the watering restrictions in effect?
- How are watering restrictions enforced?
- Who do I call if my neighbour is not complying with watering restrictions?
- I live in a townhouse, what days am I permitted to water?
- Are residents who are away on their assigned watering day able to water their lawns on an alternate day?
- I leave for work early and won’t be able to water. What can I do?
Stage 1 Water Restrictions
- When is lawn sprinkling permitted?
- When can I water my trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables?
- Can I install and water new sod or lawn?
- Can I wash my vehicle or boat?
- Can I use a pressure washer or hose to wash sidewalks, driveways or parking lots, exterior windows or exterior building surfaces?
- Can I use water to fill my wading pool, swimming pool, hot tub, or garden pond?
- Can I put the sprinkler on for my kids to run through?