Surrey/New Westminster – As part of the ongoing safety inspections, Translink will be closing two lanes of the Pattullo Bridge from November 13 to 16 and on November 20. During these inspections, traffic access will be either northbound or southbound only. The lane closures will occur between 10PM. and 5AM
Pattullo Bridge Closures:
- Nov. 13: travel will be southbound only (New Westminster heading to Surrey).
- Nov. 14 to 16: travel will be northbound only (Surrey heading New Westminster).
- Nov. 20: travel will be southbound only (New Westminster heading to Surrey).
- The inspection includes a snooper truck on the bridge deck extending its basket outwards and curling under the deck surface where crews can inspect the underside of the bridge. The lane closures are required for the safety of the inspection crew and for people driving across the bridge.
- Emergency vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians will be able to cross the bridge in both directions at all times.
- Drivers are encouraged to use the Port Mann or Alex Fraser Bridge during the inspection if the lane closures will impede the direction of their desired travel.
- There may be brief traffic holds on the roadways under the bridge, including Bridge Road, and 111a Avenue/112 Avenue in Surrey.