Langley – When: Sunday, September 11, 10:00am-4:00pm
- Fully-sanctioned BBQ competition with teams from Washington State, Montana, Saskatchewan, British Columbia.
- BBQ categories: chicken, ribs, pork, brisket and Blackbox.
- Free day of family fun with admission donations to benefit TinyKittens.
- Great BC Bake Off – public competition takes place with three competing categories: fruit pie, butter tart and anything pie.
- See press release for more information.
- Free parking nearby on the street. Please allocate extra time to find parking. Map below.
NEW: pig roast! Whole hog on a rotisserie from Johnston’s.
Teams barbecuing their meats before rushing to submit the finished meat for judging.
“Celebrity” judges to blind taste and judge the BBQ Blackbox and Great BC Bake-Off.
- BBQ lovers of all ages enjoying complimentary BBQ samples.
- Presentation of grand championship trophy and other awards.
- Children and families dancing to live music from The New Shackletons and enjoying food from local food trucks.
- 10:00am- Event kicks-off at main stage with chef Dez as emcee.
- 11:00am- Chicken judging
- 12:00pm- Ribs judging & pie judging
- 1:00pm- Pork judging
- 2:00pm- Brisket judging
- 3:00pm- Blackbox Judging
- 4:00pm- Award presentation at main stage.
- Winner of BOTB qualifies for an invitation to compete in the Jack Daniels World BBQ Championship in Tennessee and The American Royal BBQ in Kansas City.
- Last year’s BOTB raised $6,809.95 to support Langley’s TinyKittens Society, a 100% volunteer-run cat rescue.
- The first place winner in each category of the The Great BC Bake Off will receive a $150.00 Well Seasoned gift card and a recipe feature on the BOTB website.
- BBQ *OFF* the Bypass was renamed in 2014 when it moved from on to off the bypass, by Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store.
- The most popular BBQ category each year: ribs!