Langley – When: Sunday, September 11, 10:00am-4:00pm
Where: Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store, 117-20353 64th Ave, Langley, BC
- Fully-sanctioned BBQ competition with teams from Washington State, Montana, Saskatchewan, British Columbia.
- BBQ categories: chicken, ribs, pork, brisket and Blackbox.
- Free day of family fun with admission donations to benefit TinyKittens.
- Great BC Bake Off – public competition takes place with three competing categories: fruit pie, butter tart and anything pie.
- See press release for more information.
- Free parking nearby on the street. Please allocate extra time to find parking. Map below.
NEW: pig roast! Whole hog on a rotisserie from Johnston’s.
Teams barbecuing their meats before rushing to submit the finished meat for judging.
“Celebrity” judges to blind taste and judge the BBQ Blackbox and Great BC Bake-Off.
- BBQ lovers of all ages enjoying complimentary BBQ samples.
- Presentation of grand championship trophy and other awards.
- Children and families dancing to live music from The New Shackletons and enjoying food from local food trucks.
- 10:00am- Event kicks-off at main stage with chef Dez as emcee.
- 11:00am- Chicken judging
- 12:00pm- Ribs judging & pie judging
- 1:00pm- Pork judging
- 2:00pm- Brisket judging
- 3:00pm- Blackbox Judging
- 4:00pm- Award presentation at main stage.
ORIGINAL STORY – The 11th annual BBQ Off the Bypass (BOTB), presented by C&D Logistics, in partnership with Johnston’s and Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store, returns to Langley (117-20353 64th Avenue) with the Great BC Bake-Off on Sunday, September 11.
The event is family-friendly and free to attend. Admission donations are encouraged to support this year’s charitable partner, TinyKittens.
As BBQ teams from across Washington State, Montana, Saskatchewan and British Columbia compete for the grand championship of $5,000 cash prize, attendees are invited to enjoy complimentary samples of delicious slow-cooked meat, treats from vendors and live music from The New Shackletons.
This year’s competing BBQ categories include: chicken, brisket, ribs, pork and a blackbox category.
Also returning with BBQ Off the Bypass is the 7th annual Great BC Bake-Off, an amateur pie baking competition open to the public. Home bakers are encouraged to submit their favourite pie or tart in one of three categories: fruit pie, butter tart or anything pie.
“We’re excited to be back again for the 11th year with TinyKittens as our charitable partner. Bring a friend or your family and join us in Langley for the annual celebration of Southern style BBQ.” – Angie Quaale.
Five things to know about BOTB:
- Winner of BOTB qualifies for an invitation to compete in the Jack Daniels World BBQ Championship in Tennessee and The American Royal BBQ in Kansas City.
- Last year’s BOTB raised $6,809.95 to support Langley’s TinyKittens Society, a 100% volunteer-run cat rescue.
- The first place winner in each category of the The Great BC Bake Off will receive a $150.00 Well Seasoned gift card and a recipe feature on the BOTB website.
- BBQ *OFF* the Bypass was renamed in 2014 when it moved from on to off the bypass, by Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store.
- The most popular BBQ category each year: ribs!