Skip to content

Unattended Candle Causes Hope House Fire

Hope – Last Friday evening (Friday December 6th), the District of Hope Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in a multi-family residence in the 400 block of Rupert Street. Upon arrival, the fire department found smoke coming from a unit of a 2 storey complex. Upon entry it was discovered there was a fire in the unit and it had been extinguished. Crews checked for extensions and assisted in ventilating the building.

A candle is believed to be the cause of the fire.

This was the first of three calls over the weekend responded to by our Professional Volunteers with the others being residential alarm activations.

A reminder to everyone to be safe when it comes to candles and cooking and that working smoke alarms save lives.

Share This:

2022 Patricia Ross Election Ad

Willow Reichelt Election Ad 2022

Shirley Wilson Election Ad Abbotsford School Trustee

Barlynn Cleaning Services

604 392 5834

Locks Pharmacy

BCGEU

Small Business BC

Community Futures

Diabetes Association

Chill TV

Unique Thrifting

fvn

Error, no Advert ID set! Check your syntax!
Error, no Advert ID set! Check your syntax!
On Key

Related Posts