Abbotsford – This year’s Canada Day Celebration will feature the heroes of our community with an “Abbotsford Superhero Canada Day” theme. An impressive lineup of local entertainment has been booked for the Prospera Community Stage at Abbotsford Exhibition Park in honour of Canada’s birthday.
The Abbotsford Arts Council has secured exciting performers to keep the entire family entertained all day long. Entertainment includes Jen Hodge, Jada Klein, Ben Cottrill, The Crescent Sky, Saint Soldier and Krystle dos Santos.
From 6:00-10:00pm the following performers will grace the mainstage:
· Jen Hodge – With accomplished Vancouver bassist-vocalist Jen Hodge leading the band, expect swinging grooves, boisterous New Orleans-style horns, cheeky lyrics, and feelings of infectious joy!
· Jada Klein – Jada Klein is a young artist from Abbotsford, BC, passionate about sharing her music. Along with her sultry voice, she plays the piano and guitar.
· Ben Cottrill – His voice feels like a hurricane; dark as espresso, and expressive as a coyote. The Abbotsford artist was featured this year on CTV’s “The Launch”, and his career is already off to a running start.
· The Crescent Sky – The Crescent Sky are two Fraser Valley married couples, Regan & Anna Luth, and Jason & Anna Ratzlaff. Each individually strong songwriters, together together they unify storytelling with love of music and creative expression.
· Saint Soldier – Here for his third Canada Day performance, Saint Soldier’s music reaches out to the youth to spark discussions of their own cultures and lives. He also leads community youth workshops on mindfulness and spoken-word poetry.
· Krystle Dos Santos – Krystle Dos Santos is an award winning singer/songwriter based in Vancouver, with an eclectic mix of dance and funk, and always with the soulful jazz vocals for which she has quickly become renowned.
The afternoon entertainment lineup from 1:00pm to 5:00pm will consist of several community and cultural performances. The lineup at this year’s Canada Day festivities will showcase Abbotsford’s talented local entertainers and will be a special event for all ages.
Civic events such as Canada Day celebrations cannot happen without the involvement of a committed community, hundreds of volunteers and the support of our corporate partners. This year’s Canada Day Celebration is sponsored by Prospera Credit Union, The Government of Canada, PCL Construction, Save On Foods, The Patrika and The Abbotsford News. The festival is also supported by Celebration Fireworks, Rogers, Savi Integrated Marketing, Richard Meyer Electrical, Prairie Coast Equipment, McDonalds, GLH Vending, Abbotsford Centre, Fraser Valley Bandits, Tourism Abbotsford, Abbotsford Leadership Students with SD34, Abbotsford International Airshow, Fraser Valley Regional Library, The Reach Gallery Museum, Twisters Gymnastics, Abbotsford Mission Recycling Program, Fraserway RV, Abbotsford RopeWorks and Skipping Sensations, Abbotsford Arts Council, Antique Farm Machinery & Equipment, Abbotsford Agrifair, Gurmat Center Turban Eh and Dogwood Pacesetters.