Vancouver – Diabetes Canada is pleased to introduce to B.C. this tremendous resource for people living with or affected by type 1 diabetes. This one-day conference will welcome top Canadian diabetes researchers and educators to share the latest news, resources and expertise for adults, youth and parents of children living with type 1 diabetes.
Saturday, September 30, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Nest UBC
Bringing B.C.’s type 1 diabetes community together, this conference will feature speakers addressing:
- Kids with diabetes: food and fun – practical solutions to the real world scenario of ensuring food is fun for everyone.
- Advanced pumping and CGMs – learn innovative tips and tricks, making the best out of your insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors.
- Research updates – hear from local leading researchers about progress in creating the artificial pancreas and stem cell research breakthroughs.
- Mastering mealtime insulin – dosing when food gets complicated (applicable for both pump and MDI users).
- Healthy pregnancy – special considerations and insight to planning and having a healthy pregnancy while living with type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes distress – diabetes takes a toll on our mental and emotional health, learn why this happens and strategies to make everyday life a little better.
- Technology – hear about the latest therapies available on the market.
- Youth in transition – thinking ahead and advice for families with teens transitioning to adult care.
Last year’s event in Toronto welcomed more than 550 participants and sold out early. Please, reserve your spot today!
Registration: Early bird registration is $25 before July 31, 2017, and $35 after. Nutritional breaks and lunch are included in the price.
You can learn more about the Vancouver Type 1 Expo and the lineup of speakers at diabetes.ca/expo.