Chilliwack – On Monday (February 6th 2017) at approximately 9:45pm the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 8900 block of School Street. On arrival fire crews reported seeing smoke from a 2nd storey apartment window of a 4 storey multi-tenant residential apartment.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4. The sprinkler system was primarily responsible for extinguishing the fire, minimizing fire damage to the tenant’s unit. The tenant was home at the time of the fire. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental.

The Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind residents not to leave combustibles near any heat sources. Keep combustibles at least 3 feet away from heat sources.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

fifteen − 12 =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.