Skip to content

Chilliwack Fire – Gas Fireplace Too Hot To Handle

Chilliwack – Tis the season to warm yourself by the fire, but… the Chilliwack Fire Department want to remind homeowner’s to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the use of natural gas heating appliances and have them serviced annually by a certified professional.

On Wednesday evening (November 16, 2016 at approximately 7:00pm) the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 46000 block of Portage Avenue.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 & 4. On arrival, fire crews were met by the homeowner who indicated that the fire was inside the fireplace structure of a 2 story residential home. Fire fighters gained access to the home and promptly extinguished the fire.

Minor fire damage was sustained to the fireplace assembly of the home.

No one was hurt and the cause of the fire is accidental.

 

Share This:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin

No comment yet, add your voice below!


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

five × 4 =

On Key

Related Posts