Manning Park, BC – Manning Park Resort has some incredible activities scheduled to get you outside and having fun with those you love this Family Day Long Weekend.
On Saturday, Feb. 6th, Manning is participating in a momentous undertaking to commemorate Canadian Ski Patrol day, by attempting a Guinness World Record for Most People Making Snow Angels.
Ski areas all across Canada are joining together to make the most snow angels simultaneously for 30 seconds. You and your family are needed to make this World Record!
The Canadian Ski Patrol is a non-profit organization of over 5000 volunteers that patrol at ski hills across Canada. It is celebrating 75 years in 2016.
At Manning Park, the meeting point is at 9:30am by the Twin Tow building, or at the Resort behind the Nordic Centre.
In case you are unsure of the particulars of making your snow angel, Guinness has detailed instructions to follow:
* “Fall gently into the snow onto your back.
* Keep your entire body flat in the snow.
* Brush your arms between your head and waist in a sweeping motion.
* Move your legs apart as far as they will go and then together.
* Repeat these motions (it’s like doing a jumping jack while lying on your back) until you have made indentations in the snow.
* Have someone stand at your feet and pull on your arms to help you up.
* Get up without stepping on your snow angel or making a hand print in the middle of it.”
For Family Day, Monday, Feb. 8th, lift and trail tickets are 50% off.
There are lots of family fun and free activities to take part in all weekend long, including Chairlift Lottery, Snow Bocce, face painting, and a Nordic “Word of the Trail” to discover, and keep your eyes peeled to spot Sparkles the Ski Clown on the slopes!
Hope Mountain Centre is also hosting a Family Fun Day in the Snow at Strawberry Flats that includes snowshoeing, snow fort building, a winter scavenger hunt, and more. Registration for these great activities are through the Hope Mountain Centre website.
Snow conditions are excellent, with 180cm average snow base. Whether you’re skiing, snowshoeing, or tubing, it’s a great weekend to head outside into the outdoors, and start your family tradition at Manning Park Resort.
Manning Park Resort is located 45 minutes east of Hope on Highway 3. The ski hill, Nordic Centre and Resort are open 7 days a week.