Halifax (Glynis Sherwood MEd) – Corona Virus anxiety is rampant and may be interfering with the quality of your life, especially your peace of mind. But you don’t have to passively sit by and be victimized by fear. Discover some proactive strategies for dealing with this state of uncertainty while holding on to your psychological well being.
Corona Virus Anxiety Is Triggered By:
- Fear of the unknown
- Loss of predictability/control
- Fear of death/Loss of health
- Involuntary loss of livelihood, and the threat of ensuing poverty
- Increased social isolation and loneliness
- Pre-existing vulnerabilities to anxiety (PTSD, Trauma, OCD, Phobias, GAD, etc)
- 24/7 News Cycles ratcheting up fear and panic to garner higher ratings
Get the Facts:
- Covid-19 is a Respiratory Infection primarily spread by respiratory droplets from an infected or pre-symptomatic person who exhales these droplets on you, your meal, your dining implements, your clothes, etc. You either inhale the virus or get it on your hands then transmit it to yourself by touching mucous membranes including your mouth, eyes or nose.
- Covid-19 has a fatality rate of less than 2%.
- Most infected people will experience mild to moderate symptoms ranging from cough, fever, runny nose, headache, to shortness of breath.
- The elderly and immune compromised folks are most vulnerable to developing pneumonia, which can lead to death.
- Hand sanitization, and proper mask wearing by infected individuals only can stop the spread, as well as limiting social contact.
Deal With It By Taking Your Power Back, Meaning: Read Whole Article Here