Ottawa/Fraser Valley – The Honourable Andrew Scheer, Leader of Canada’s Conservatives and of the Official Opposition, announced the appointment of MP Mark Strahl, in addition to his primary responsibilities as the Member of Parliament for Chilliwack—Hope, has been re-appointed Chief Opposition Whip.
“I am pleased to be a strong voice for B.C. on Andrew Scheer’s Conservative leadership team,” stated MP Strahl. “In my role as Chief Opposition Whip, I will continue to work hard every day with all of my Conservative colleagues to hold this Liberal government to account for Canadian taxpayers and families.”
“I am incredibly proud to work with these experienced and dedicated Conservative Members of Parliament,” stated Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer. “This is the team which is going to help us hold Justin Trudeau to account every single day.”
The Honourable Andrew Scheer’s Leadership Team appointments include:
- Deputy Leader: Leona Alleslev (Aurora—Oak Ridges—Richmond Hill, Ontario)
- Quebec Political Lieutenant: Alain Rayes (Richmond—Arthabaska, Quebec)
- House Leader of the Official Opposition: Candice Bergen (Portage—Lisgar, Manitoba)
- Chief Opposition Whip: Mark Strahl (Chilliwack—Hope, British Columbia)
- Deputy House Leader of the Official Opposition: John Nater (Perth—Wellington, Ontario)
- Deputy Opposition Whip: John Brassard (Barrie—Innisfil, Ontario)
- Caucus-Party Liaison: Diane Finley (Haldimand—Norfolk, Ontario)
- Conservative National Caucus Chair: Tom Kmiec (Calgary Shepard, Alberta)
- Caucus-OLO Coordinator: Chris Warkentin (Grande Prairie—Mackenzie, Alberta)
Scheer will be announcing his Shadow Cabinet later this week.