Abbotsford – The Abbotsford Community Hub Centre was awarded the ‘Innovative Initiative Award’ last night for providing respectful delivery of integrated health, housing and social supports for vulnerable populations at the Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity Awards, organized by Abbotsford Community Services. The Community Hub partnership project includes involvement from Fraser Health, Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, Abbotsford Police Department, Positive Living Fraser Valley, the City of Abbotsford, and Mar Mar Pharmacy.
The Abbotsford Community Hub Centre provides collaborative wraparound supports for vulnerable Abbotsford residents with complex needs including those with health diagnoses; substance abuse issues; and for those who are from diverse places of origin including First Nations people and refugee claimants.
The 16th annual Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity Awards took place on March 14th and brought together various businesses, programs, and individuals working to build a more inclusive community across the Fraser Valley.
· Youth Champion of Diversity: Antonio Hakko (Langley)
· Inclusive Environment – Fraser Valley Youth Society (Chilliwack)
· Marketing – Brogan’s Diner (Langley)
· Innovative Initiative – Abbotsford Community Hub Centre(Abbotsford)
· Effective Human Resources (Small-medium):The 5 and 2 Ministries (Abbotsford)
· Effective Human Resources (large): Cascade Aerospace (Abbotsford)
· Champion of Diversity – Marc Forcier (Abbotsford)