Langley/Toronto – RogersTM Hometown HockeyTM Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge is heading to Langley City, for a celebration of hockey on January 12 and 13. Hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone will be on site for the festivities, which include meet-and-greet opportunities with NHL alum Kirk McLean, live local entertainment, and the live Sportsnet NHL broadcast.
Vancouver Canucks Bo Horvat will be signing autographs Saturday from 2:30-4PM.
There will be road closures:
|Notice of Highway Detour: Rogers Hometown Hockey|
|Thursday, January 10, 2019 to Monday, January 14, 2019|
Downtown Langley, Langley City
|Motorists are advised that 56 Avenue and the City-owned Glover Road parking lot will be open to access the Fraser Highway One Way while Fraser Highway from 203 Street to 204 Street, sections of Glover Road will be closed from Thursday, January 10, 2019, at 8:00 am to Monday, January 14, 2019, until 4:00 am for Rogers Hometown Hockey event. Local businesses will be open.Motorists should drive with caution and obey traffic control personnel, and use alternate routes for the duration of this road closure. Coast Mountain Bus will be rerouting affected bus routes and transit riders should check Translink for temporary bus stop locations.|
The two-day hockey festival begins on Saturday, Jan. 12 at Noon PT at Innes Corners Plaza and will conclude on Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The evening’s broadcast kicks off with a special pre-game show hosted by MacLean and Slone live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 3:30 p.m. PT, followed by a showdown between the Florida Panthers and the Vancouver Canucks, on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW and Rogers NHL LIVE.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival Details:
The free hockey-themed weekend features games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Rogers celebrates your community within the Fan Hub. Help support local minor hockey and participate in fun and interactive experiences, autograph signings with NHL alum Kirk McLean, video game stations, bubble hockey, and popcorn!
· Sportsnet Virtual Photo Booth and Interactive Games: Fans have the chance to get close to their favourite players through virtual technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing and their chance to win great prizes. In addition, hockey players of all ages will be able to show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to the NHL stars!
- The Hockey Circus Show: Come see Paz, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Hockey Rink: A family-friendly outdoor hockey space to engage hockey fans, interact with NHL alumni, celebrate the game and play ball hockey. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
· Ram Haul of Fame: Features the Ram 1500 in a hockey-themed obstacle course that will test the skills of fans of all ages. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter the Breakaway Giveaway contest to win an all-new 2019 Ram 1500 for their family and $5,000 for their local minor hockey association. All contest entrants will receive a free branded giveaway courtesy of Dodge.
· Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
· Tim Hortons: As fans are enjoying the festival, warm up with a complimentary coffee or hot chocolate from the Tim Hortons mobile truck.
· Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with Brookswood Country Band performing on Saturday followed by Jessica Barbour on Sunday.
- Ted Rogers Community Grants: Ted Rogers Community Grants are being awarded to local Canadian organizations to help support educational programs that enable Canadian youth to succeed inside and outside the classroom, including in Langley City.
- Giving Together to support hockey in your community: Every week, Rogers is also Giving Together to support hockey in local communities. Attendees can participate in giving back through 50/50 draws or by purchasing popcorn and food from the on-site BBQ. All proceeds are donated to minor hockey organizations.
Social Media Links
Like Rogers Hometown Hockey Facebook.com/RogersHometownHockey
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Twitter @HometownHockey_
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Instagram @HometownHockey
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Ron MacLean @RonMacLeanHTH
Follow Tara Slone @TaraSlone