Fraser Valley – The annual Salvation Army Christmas Kettles are on the streets of the Fraser Valley, and you will hear the ringing of the sleigh bells at most malls, grocery chains and liquor stores.
The kettles will be on the streets until December 23.
It sounds like a broken record, but the need has never been greater. 1/3 of the Salvation Army Food Bank clients served are children.
The Salvation Army is also a need for volunteers, usually in 2 hour shifts.
In Abbotsford, call 604 309 0660. You can sign up in Abby on line. Click here.
In Chilliwack call 604 792 0311.
All of the monies raised in Abbotsford – Mission will stay in those communities to support the programs and services provided at the Centre of Hope. The same applies for Chilliwack. All monies stay within the community.
Heroes for Hope is the theme this year for the annual holiday fundraising and awareness campaign. The idea is that YOU can be a Hero for Hope to someone in your community by giving generously to The Salvation Army.
Every once in a while … everyone needs a Hero.
The Challenge: Poverty is spreading in our province and impacting more people than ever.
Poverty isn’t always easy to see. Especially during the holidays.
- 10% of the population in British Columbia live at or below the poverty line.
- Over 20% of British Columbia’s children 0–17 years old live below the poverty line, representing one in five children in the province.
- Nearly 15% of single, elderly individuals live in poverty.
How Can I Get Involved?
- Be a Hero for Hope to someone in your community and give generously to your local Salvation Army.
- Poverty is a growing problem in our province, but you can be a part of the solution.
This holiday season, join The Salvation Army and become a Hero for Hope to someone in your community.
Where Does My Money Go?
- Every donation to your local Christmas Kettle remains in your community to help individuals, families, and neighbors.
- The Salvation Army is the largest provider of non-governmental social services in Canada. Last year, The Salvation Army helped over 1.85 million people in need.
Your donation will provide vital programs and services for people in your community.