Harrison Hot Springs/Victoria – The Province will invest a total of $10.5 million for tourism infrastructure projects and programs in 14 resort communities.
The announcement was made by Lisa Beare, Minister for Tourism, Arts and Culture.
The 14 resort municipalities that participate in the Resort Municipality Initiative are:
City of Fernie, Town of Golden, Village of Harrison Hot Springs, District of Invermere, City of Kimberley, Town of Osoyoos, Village of Radium Hot Springs, City of Revelstoke, City of Rossland, Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality, District of Tofino, District of Ucluelet, Village of Valemount, Resort Municipality of Whistler.
- In 2015, the tourism sector:
- Employed 127,000 British Columbians;
- Paid $4.5 billion in wages and salaries;
- Supported nearly 19,000 tourism-related businesses in B.C.; and
- Contributed $7.4 billion toward the province’s GDP.
Resort Municipality Initiative: http://ow.ly/cKXK30fkYhs