Chilliwack: A man from Chilliwack is facing criminal charges for firearm and property crimes after being arrested by RCMP in early September.
Cameron Joseph Koutecky, 25, faces Criminal Code charges of:
· Possession of stolen property under $5000
· Possession of an instrument suitable for the purpose of breaking into a place
· Possession of a firearm while prohibited by an order
· Possession of a firearm knowing he was not the holder of a licence
· Possession of an unloaded prohibited or restricted firearm with readily accessible ammunition
· Knowingly possess another person’s identity information
Koutecky remains in custody pending a court appearance in late September.
The police investigation was initiated following a call made to RCMP at approximately 9 a.m. on September 6, 2016, from a vehicle owner in the 46000 block of Yale Road to report their car was stolen during the night.
As police investigated the theft they were contacted at approximately 2:45 p.m. by an alert citizen who reported a suspicious vehicle stopped at Quarry Road and Beaver Crescent. The suspicious vehicle was immediately identified by police as the car reported stolen that morning.
General Duty officers supported by the Lower Mainland Integrated Police Dog Services quickly arrived on site where they located the allegedly stolen vehicle and apprehended the suspect. During a search of the suspect vehicle, officers seized a -‘sawed -off’- shotgun, ammunition, knives, and evidence linking the suspect to property crime.
RCMP remind everyone who witnesses anything they believe to be suspicious in nature to contact the Chilliwack RCMP at 604-792-4611 or, should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).