Chilliwack Apartment Fire – Yale Road- Laundry on Stove

Chilliwack, BC – On Wednesday evening (November 11, 2015 at approximately 6:00pm) the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 46000 block of Yale Road. Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4.

On arrival fire crews were met on scene by residents who tried to extinguish the fire with fire extinguishers. Crews reported seeing water in the hallway on the third floor outside the unit of a 5 storey multi-tenant residential apartment.

The fire was quickly brought under control with the aid of the building sprinkler system, minimizing fire damage to the tenant’s unit. The tenants were not home at the time of the fire.

One tenant within the building is currently in the care of Emergency Social Services.

No one was hurt.

The cause of the fire is accidental and related to an unattended laundry basket left on the stove top after the stove had been in use.

Be the first to comment on "Chilliwack Apartment Fire – Yale Road- Laundry on Stove"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.