Fraser Valley/Ottawa – After the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that Canadians should have a right to doctor-assisted suicide, the Federal Government set up a panel of experts to advise them on writing the new legislation. This panel is seeking input from the public through an online questionnaire.
The questionnaire is user-friendly and should take about 25 minutes to complete.
Help us safeguard the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities and others who are vulnerable.
The deadline for Canadians to participate in the Federal Panel on Physician Assisted Suicide online consultation is November 1st, 2015. We encourage everyone to participate.
- Information on the Panel can be found at: http://www.ep-ce.ca/home
- The survey itself can be found at http://www.ep-ce.ca/issue-book/
For more information you can read the Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL) position on safeguarding individuals with developmental disabilities, which Inclusion BC has endorsed.
- Information on CACL’s position can be found here: Who is Vulnerable: http://www.cacl.ca/node/2517/
- Proposed Policy Framework: http://www.cacl.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/CACL%20AS%20Policy%20Framework.pdf
- Proposal to Regulate Physician-Assisted Suicide and Voluntary Euthanasia in Canada: http://www.cacl.ca/action/campaigns/protecting-choice-safeguarding-inclusion#sthash.WdajQvXJ.dpuf
Federal Criminal Code amendments by David Baker and Gilbert Sharpe, endorsed by CACL: http://www.cacl.ca/action/campaigns/protecting-choice-safeguarding-inclusion#sthash.WdajQvXJ.dpuf