Sunday Chilliwack Fires , Both Accidental

Chilliwack, BC – On Sunday August 15, Chilliwack Fire responded to a Apartment Kitchen Fire and a House Fire triggered by a Cigarette.

Sprinklers Extinguish Apartment Fire

At 7:55pm, August 15, firefighters from firehalls 1 and 4 responded to a structure fire in the 45000 block of McIntosh Ave. Fire crews arrived on scene to a 4 storey apartment building that had been partially evacuated. Firefighters entered a 3rd floor suite to find 2 sprinkler heads had activated, extinguishing a stove pot fire.

Firefighters confirmed the fire was out and shut off the sprinkler system. Fire and smoke damage was contained to the kitchen with water damage to two lower suites.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Cause of the fire was accidental and was related to the owner leaving an unattended pot on the stove.

The Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind residents not to leave the kitchen when using the stove top. Also, if there is fire in a pot, do not try to remove it, leave the lid on the pot and turn off the element and let it cool down.

Fire Severely Damages House

At 9:37pm Sunday night, firefighters from firehalls 1 and 4 responded to a structure fire in the 46000 block of Griffin Drive. Upon arrival, fire crews found a fully involved single storey residential home, two storage sheds, RV and hedge. Firefighters worked to contain the fire and prevent it from spreading to neighboring homes.

Four adults were home at the time of the fire and they managed to safely evacuate.

The home, storage sheds, RV and hedge were severely damaged by the fire with only minor damage to a neighbor’s home.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Cause of the fire is accidental and is related to embers from a cigarette.

Be the first to comment on "Sunday Chilliwack Fires , Both Accidental"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.