Abbotsford.Ottawa – From their February 7 media release, the CER Canada Energy Regular posted: On January 31, CER issued an Inspection Officer Order to Trans Mountain for environmental non-compliances.
CER Inspection Officers conducted an inspection of Spread 6 of the Trans Mountain Expansion Pipeline near Abbotsford in response to recent flooding ( the atmospheric river and the high streamflow advisory). Inspection Officers identified that Trans Mountain was not properly maintaining a watercourse isolation, wildlife fencing, soil coverings and dewatering pump and sump locations.
As a result, CER have issued an Inspection Officer Order requiring Trans Mountain to:
- Address environmental deficiencies and non-compliances from recent rain events.
- Investigate the root cause of non-compliances and why contingency measures were not done in a timely matter.
- Submit the investigation to the CER for review.
- Develop and implement a water management resourcing plan for Spread 6.
- Submit a commitment that all required plans will be implemented as described.
CER will continue to follow up with the company to ensure it complies with the Inspection Officer Order. Once the company sufficiently addresses the requirements list above, the order will be lifted.
For a complete list of non-compliances and more information, view Reports on Compliance and Enforcement.