Abbotsford – Abbotsford Police Department’s Crime Reduction Unit are investigating a string of after-dusk break and enters. During October and the first part of November this year, police have investigated 13 such break and enters – an increase over the three-year average.
The break and enters occurred during the late afternoon/early evening hours when residents were away from their homes. Entry appears to have been gained through windows or sliding doors which had been pried open or had been left unlocked. Primarily money and jewelry were stolen during the break-ins. As the investigation continues, the Abbotsford Police Department remind residents to:
• close garage doors and windows
• lock any doors in the garage, including those leading into a house
• check that all house doors and windows – front, back, side and garage – are locked
• turn on an exterior light
• turn on alarm systems and CCTV
If you have information about these incidents or the suspect(s) who may be responsible, please contact the Abbotsford Police Crime Reduction Unit Tip Line at 604-864-4744. To report anonymously, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS) or report online at Solvecrime.ca.