Abbotsford, – The City of Abbotsford is hosting its annual one day Involve Symposium on November 20 which provides a unique training and networking opportunity to help local non-profit, sports, arts, and social services organizations build their skills and network with others in their industry.
The Involve Symposium is free to register, and will feature former CITY TV Breakfast Television Vancouver host Riaz Meghi and his keynote address on “Every Conversation Counts”.
Riaz’s presentation is a candid and far-ranging look at how creative conversations can help you reinvent yourself, re-energize your brand, and develop your business. Audience members are reminded that the
potential for game-changing conversations can occur at any given moment and he will give them tips on how to establish powerful relationships by making every conversation count.
There is a full day of workshops planned including speakers from:
● Archway Community Services on Diversity 101.
● Explore Neurodiversity on how we can support and learn from under-represented, undervalued and oppressed populations.
● Learn what is involved in “How to Organize a Successful Fundraising Event’
● Foundry Abbotsford staff on “Collaboration and Integration”
● ‘How to Be a Council Delegate’ will remove some of the mystery on presenting at City Hall.
● The Fraser Valley Community Charitable Gaming Association on the Top 5 Biggest Challenges NPO’s
Face and Applying for a Capital Projects Grant.
● Special Olympics on promoting an Inclusive and Diverse Community and creating more inclusive opportunities in the community.
The Involve Abbotsford Symposium runs from 9am – 3:30pm on Wednesday November 20th at the Matsqui Centennial Auditorium and is a free one-day event.