Chilliwack Fire – Unattended Pot of Oil on Stove Kindles Kitchen Fire On Vedder

Chilliwack – On Wednesday (September 18th@8:15PM) firefighters from fire hall’s 1, 3, 4 & 6 responded to a structure fire in the 5800 block of Vedder Rd. Upon arrival, fire crews found heavy black smoke showing from a 2nd floor bedroom window of a three storey townhouse unit.

Fire crews entered the home and quickly suppressed the fire which had started on an unattended pot of oil on the stove. There was substantial fire damage to the kitchen area and major smoke damage throughout the rest of the unit.

Fire crews, they were able to quickly contain the fire and smoke to the townhouse unit. As a precautionary measure, fire crews ventilated unaffected units on either side of the fire unit and those residents were allowed back in to their units.

No one was hurt and the cause of the fire is accidental.

Be the first to comment on "Chilliwack Fire – Unattended Pot of Oil on Stove Kindles Kitchen Fire On Vedder"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.