Kitchen Fire In Chilliwack Apartment – McIntosh Drive

Chilliwack – On Tuesday evening ( June 18 @5PM) Chilliwack Fire was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in an apartment complex in the 45000 block of McIntosh Drive.

Neighbours saw black smoke venting from several windows of the apartment and called the fire department. Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6, and on arrival, reported seeing black smoke venting from a 1st floor apartment.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and neighbours had tried contain the fire themselves. Fire crews setup an offensive attack and quickly brought the fire under control, containing the damage to the suite of origin.The interior of the apartment suffered minor fire and moderate smoke damage.

One person received minor lacerations while accessing a fire extinguisher mounted in the hallway of the apartment complex, and was treated at the scene. There were no firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and caused by a pot left on the stove.

Be the first to comment on "Kitchen Fire In Chilliwack Apartment – McIntosh Drive"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.