Vancouver/Fraser Valley – The BC AdventureSmart Winter Report for 2018/2-19 has been released. The detailed report can be found here.
Teams reached 10,249 people face-to-face between November 5, 2018 – February 20, 2019 .
- 15,710 kms travelled.
- 10/12 BC SAR regions travelled to.
- 25/80 SAR groups connected with.
- 322 volunteer presenters/ambassadors currently in BC.
- 63 new AdventureSmart presenters/ambassadors trained.
- NEW AdventureSmart Trip Plan App launched Feb. 8, 2019.
- Volunteer presenters reached 6,017 people May – August, 2018.
- Outreach Teams + volunteer presenters reached 16,266 people.
Thanks to the Executive Director, Sandra Riches, for leading the outreach team members; PJ Richards, Ashley Berte, Ryan Seath, Emma Courtney and Kelly Uren on a very successful season of SAR prevention by increasing awareness to help reduce the number and severity of SAR incidents in BC.
Exemplifying leadership with search and rescue prevention in our very active, healthy province of residents and tourists, BC AdventureSmart is setting high standards of professionalism, is creating a provincial legacy, offering expertise and hands on experiential learning for all user groups.
There are strategic plans for Summer 2019:
- Water fall safety & CoastSmart campaigns.
- Continued engagement with new Canadians.
- Collaboration with BC’s high call volume SAR groups.
- Working closer with Tourism surrounding the ‘responsible traveller’.
Thanks to the BC AdventureSmart crew & we wish them a safe season ahead.
For more information, contact Sandra Riches.