Recent Increase In Fires From Unattended Portable Heaters

Fraser Valley – In the past week Chilliwack Fire Department has responded to structure fires on Wellington Avenue, Old Yale Road, Prest Road and McNaught Avenue all related to the use of portable heaters.

Fortunately no one has been hurt.

Chilliwack Fire Dept.wants to remind the public to:

Follow manufactures recommendations when using, installing, and caring for portable heaters.

Not leave portable heaters unattended with children and livestock.

Ensure manufacturer recommended clearances are maintained between portable heaters and any combustible materials.

Check on the heaters and surroundings frequently to ensure they are not posing a fire hazard.

Be the first to comment on "Recent Increase In Fires From Unattended Portable Heaters"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.