Cultus Lake – As of Saturday July 28, all vehicles parked within the Plaza parking lot at Cultus Lake Park will be required to register the vehicle’s license plate at the newly installed pay stations. The parking stations are located on the Plaza sidewalk, one at each end of the building.
Below are details about the Plaza Parking requirements:
- Plaza parking is only available to Plaza and off-leash dog area guests.
- Individuals who park at the Plaza and leave the site – i.e.: to go to the Adventure Park, Waterpark or Main Beach – may have their vehicle ticketed, immobilized and/or towed.
- All vehicles must be registered at the pay stations – parking is free for the first two hours.
- A third hour may be purchased for a fee of $3. Maximum length of stay prior to 6:00 p.m. is 3 hours.
- Registration is not required from 6 p.m. – 2 a.m., and parking is free.
- Individuals who park in stalls designated as “15-minute parking” may do so without registering (15-minute parking stalls are available adjacent to the Cultus Superette, Post Office, Café Vanilla, Frosty’s Ice Cream and the public washrooms).
- Cultus Lake Park residential parking permits are not valid in the Plaza or Public Parking Lots A, B, C or D.
Said Board Chair Joe Lamb: “Cultus Lake Park continues to grow in popularity and from research, it was clear that parking in the Plaza was challenged, to say the least.” He added: “We saw many cars being parked here and people heading out to other activities in the Park. Parking in the Plaza is for the businesses in the Plaza and this issue needed to be addressed. Our approach was to find a way so that people dropping in to pick up something or those stopping for a bite to eat could still park for free. If people want to stay an extra hour in the Plaza, they only pay $3. We believe that this will work for the businesses in the Plaza and for those that shop there.”