Chilliwack – The outcome could have been tragic and Chilliwack Fire were happy that a care facility on the 45000 block of McIntosh Drive has an automatic sprinkler system that worked perfectly. (Cascades Assisted Living facility and NOT the Hospice).
An accidental fire in the kitchen was struck down by the time fire crews arrived.
The fire started Wednesday evening (February 21 @ 8:30PM), with damage to the kitchen stove and the nearby cabinets.
No one was hurt but there were a few frayed nerves.