Chilliwack Fire – Smoke Alarm Saved Lives

Chilliwack – On Friday (March 31, 2017 at approximately 8:00pm) the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 8500 block of McCutcheon Ave.

There were people home at the time of the fire. An occupant in the main floor laundry room was alerted by the activation of the smoke alarm to a fire in the bedroom. The occupants quickly evacuated the home and called 911.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4, on arrival, reported seeing black smoke and flames venting from the main floor of this two story residential home. Fire crews setup an offensive
attack and quickly brought the fire under control.

The home suffered fire and smoke damage to the interior of the structure, and no one was hurt.

This fire appears to be accidental and is under investigation by Chilliwack Fire Department. Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public that working smoke alarms provide an early
warning of a fire, giving people additional escape time.

Be the first to comment on "Chilliwack Fire – Smoke Alarm Saved Lives"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.