Yarrow/Chilliwack – The 2nd Annual Barn Burner BBQ is coming back on Sunday, March 20, 2016. The good eats (FREE ADMISSION by the way) runs from 11am-5pm at The Farm Store, 4540 Simmons Road, Chilliwack, BC. (OK it’s Yarrow, we don’t want controversy before eating).
The Barn Burner BBQ competition consists of 4 main categories: Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Chicken and Ribs. Brisket is cooked for 12 – 16 hours.
Ribs take approximately 6 hours & chicken aproximately4 hours.
Here are some memories from last year.
FVN Fraser Valley News has been asked to once again, participate as one of the judges. Managing Editor/News Director Don Lehn will once again put on his bib and stuff his face. The things we have to do for foodie journalism.
Getting to the 2015 Barn Burner BBQ Competition is easy! We’ve drawn you a simplified map here for your reference:
Or perhaps you prefer Google Maps?
- From #1 Highway:
- Take edit 104 onto No. 3 Road towards Yarrow, Cultus Lake
- Keep right on No. 3 Road E towards Yarrow, Cultus Lake
- At the end of the road, turn right onto Tolmie Rd.
- Turn left onto No. 3 Rd.
- At the end of the road, turn left onto Yarrow Central Rd.
- Turn left onto Simmons Rd. The Farm Store at 4540 Simmons Rd is on your right. Parking signage to direct you to the offsite parking lot should be clearly visible from here!
The 2nd Annual Barn Burner BBQ Competition presented by Johnston’s Pork & Fraser Valley Specialty Poultry with $5000 guaranteed in prize money! Registration is open now.
Free for the public to attend, but donations will be accepted at the door for the Empty Bowl Fund. There will be free bbq samples to try, a climbing wall, and Pumba’s Food Truck with local pork dishes for sale.